- Confidence in science: How to ensure sustainable and trustworthy channels of scientific information? June 1, 2023Manuel Heitor is one of the guest participants of a closed event organized by Science|Business and Elsevier to discuss the confidence of citizens in science and research, and how to ensure sustainable and trustworthy channels of scientific information.
- FLAD Science Award Atlantic: call for applications May 15, 2023Applications for the FLAD Science Award Atlantic 2023 are open from 1 to 30 June 2023. This award recognizes research on the Atlantic and its ecosystems, as well as their sustainable exploitation, and is worth 300 thousand Euros, for a maximum of 3 years.
- Tell us your science: How does blood flow behave? May 3, 2023In a partnership between ULisboa and the newspaper Público, Gonçalo Coutinho shared his PhD research at IN+, where he is developing experimental methods of optical visualization to study the three-dimensional behavior of blood flow in artificial, physical models of arteries, which may help prevent deaths from cardiovascular disease.
- Symmetry 2023 Best Paper Award April 3, 2023Congratulations to Ana Moita, António Moreira and José Pereira, who received the Symmetry 2023 Best Paper Award with the work 'Nanofluids for the Next Generation Thermal Management of Electronics: A Review'.
- IN+ researcher wins international competition for decarbonization of the energy sector February 28, 2023João dos Santos' proposalwas based on his PhD project and wasdistinguished by the environmental impact, scalability and ease of implementation, surpassing other international proposals of great scientific value.
- ISR Researchers Around the World | Eduardo Cunha @Goa May 31, 2023In an exciting collaboration project between Portugal and India, researchers Eduardo Cunha and António Pascoal recently spent a month in Goa, working closely with their counterparts at the Indian National Institute of Oceanography (NIO). The aim of this joint effort was to develop marine vehicles capable of cooperatively mapping the bottom of the Ocean in
- ISR Researchers Around the World | Rute Luz @ESA May 12, 2023From October 2022 to April 2023 our researcher Rute Luz was at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), part of the European Space Agency (ESA), in Holland (The Netherlands). Her Ph.D. advisor, Rodrigo Ventura, was at a conference when he saw a paper about a teleoperation setup presented by Thomas Krüger, head of
- SocRob@Home will participate in RoboCup 2023 March 29, 2023A team composed of students and researchers from the ISR | Lisboa was selected earlier this year to participate in RoboCup23, the "Champions League" of robotics competitions. The international competition will take place from July 4th to 10th, in Bordeaux (France) and counts on the presence of more than 2500 participants and 40 thousand
- MEROP team will participate in 2024 space simulation March 27, 2023A group of researchers from Institute for Systems and Robotics will be participating in AMADEE-24, a space simulation mission of an expedition to Mars, which will take place in Armenia, for a month. The Laboratory of Robotics and Engineering Systems (LARSyS) – represented by the Institute for Systems and Robotics (ISR-Lisboa) and the Institute
- ISR | Lisboa integrates largest globally responsible AI consortia January 24, 2023Last Friday, January 20th, ten AI start-ups (including two unicorns), eight research centers, one Law firm, and Portuguese leaders in Fintech, Health, Tourism, Pharma, and Retail, got together at Unbabel to kick off the creation of the Centre for Responsible Artificial Intelligence ISR | Lisboa integrates this “Centre for Responsible AI “ which is one
- [Action required] Your RSS.app Trial has Expired. June 3, 2023Your trial has expired. Please update your subscription plan at rss.app. - (5c2vEChnZKUBMp4s)
- No title January 29, 2022The 2018 Research Award of the Belgian Committee of the International Water Association (BIWA) was awarded to Andreia Amaral, a joint Ph.D. student of Instituto Superior Técnico (MARETEC), Portugal and Ghent University (BIOMATH), Belgium. This year’s award was given based on the excellent research paper entitled: Towards advanced aeration modelling: from blower to bubbles to […]
- IX Congresso sobre Planeamento e Gestão das Zonas Costeiras dos Países de Expressão Portuguesa March 7, 2019Instituto Superior Técnico | 14 a 16 de Maio de 2019
- Doctoral student of MARETEC receives the 2018 Research Award from the Belgian Committee of the International Water Association (BIWA) May 30, 2018The 2018 Research Award of the Belgian Committee of the International Water Association (BIWA) was awarded to Andreia Amaral, a joint Ph.D. student of Instituto Superior Técnico (MARETEC), Portugal and Ghent University (BIOMATH), Belgium. This year’s award was given based on the excellent research paper entitled: Towards advanced aeration modelling: from blower to bubbles to […]